Sunday, August 14, 2011

Down to the ocean







Some friends have a family beach house in Virginia Beach, and they were kind enough to invite us to join them. We went a few years ago but this year it was a full week. A full week of awesome. The house was beautiful. I spent a lot of time sitting on the roof or the main balcony and just watching the ocean and reading. It was peaceful and relaxing. The weather could not have been more perfect, except for the day we woke up to the smell of smoke and learned that wildfires in North Carolina had sent massive smoke clouds up the coast. The forecast for that day literally read "Smokey", but by the afternoon it had cleared out. Now, for pictures!






I didn't take many pictures of the inside of the house but I had to take one of the custom dolphin light box. Magnificent!





I finished this beautiful shawl on the fourth day. The yarn is called Chesapeake, by Blue Heron. It is the color of the ocean and the pattern edges look like waves.





While we were there I read the book "Never Let me Go". It was a great read and the story was very sad and thought provoking.



We played Mini golf and walked the board walk. On Wednesday I wanted to find something to do so we found a tattoo place and I got an industrial ear piercing


Group picture


There was only one day that I didn't go down to the beach to lay in the sand and swim. We ate in a few nights. One night I made crab cakes with hush puppies and the last night before the long drive we grilled out on the patio.


In the evenings after dinner we would walk on the beach. The last night we actually made it out there before dark. Two nights while I was out on the balcony I caught some fireworks from the hotels down toward the boardwalk. We ran up to the roof and watched the show. I had such a wonderful trip and coming home was such a downer. Coming home after some vacations was a welcome relief but this trip was different. I wanted to stay there and live on the beach.



Tomorrow I'm returning to work. Back to the grind.






No comments:

Post a Comment