Friday, March 12, 2010

Math is hard, let's go shopping!






Using double pointed needles is like crossing a line from novice knitting to advanced beginner shit. It is no joke. These things scared the crap out of me. I finally sucked it up and tried them after I realized that I could never graduate from scarves to actual clothing items without learning how to knit on these things.



I had a pretty good experience with them. Even though my hat ended up about 2-3" too short and Brian says I look like Meg from Family Guy.
They work pretty much the same way straight or circular needles work, they just move individually and it's easier to lose stitches. Finishing the hat felt very awkward with so few stiches on several needles, but I'm happy to report a finished hat...not bad looking...even for a Meg hat.



Knitting makes Otto very very sad. It takes all the attention away from him! Poor neglected little one.




No comments:

Post a Comment