Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hello Again!

It's been almost a full year since I saw you last...



March 12&13th is the Maryland home and garden show and I have not attended since I picked up this lovely paph at that show two years ago. This year I am looking forward to acquiring another and some supplies for repotting this one. Here is to many more years together and many more blooms!

In knitting news...I have made about 4 things and am working on a big one. 3 cowls', one lost, one given to Brian, one to replace the first that I lost, and one "destroyed" cowl. Here is one of them while blocking. The blocking did nothing to stop the curl which is why I have no more pictures of it but the self striping yarn is so pretty I just had to share






This one is made with my new favorite yarn by Madelinetosh. If I could use this for every project forever until I no longer knit I would, it's that wonderful. The texture, the quality, the colors.. Outstanding




It is a wonderful face warmer when doubled up. Brian wears his everyday and can wrap it around his neck and face at the same time. He looks like a bank robber but it keeps him warm


Finally, my current project. A gift for a new little person. I have added another 5" and have about 2 or 3 skeins of yarn left to finish. I ran out of yarn at this point and had to special order more from the store...It was taking way too long so I did a rush order on amazon and got it within 2 days. I'm back to working on it now.



Stitch pattern close up:




Not too shabby for a free pattern

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment