Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blog fail

I am a failure because I have a blog called "A Million Little Fibers" and I have posted one measly blog with a fiber project. Not to mention that the project I posted months ago is still a work in progress because I ran out of yarn and can't seem to find a retailer that carries it. In the basket it sits. Collecting dust on a shelf. Poor lonely unfinished scarf without a neck to call its own.

Fail!

So, I have a coworker that is expecting a baby girl in September. I took along a baby blanket project for the plane ride to Mexico and by the time I got home I had a good 6 inches of blanket. Soft, cream colored, machine washable, baby blanket. I won't go into the details of the death of my project but it wasn't too pretty. I will not drink red wine and knit ever again! That is for sure.

But my mishap payed off because I found a much more interesting yarn and through some dedicated effort I am a good 8" into my 33" masterpiece.

I will post pictures later. For now, the pattern and the yarn:





Caron simply soft baby brights






I will post my progress later when I can take a picture of it with my good camera. I'm really into this project. It's sitting in my car right now so I can work on it at lunch time and I struggle with not breaking it out while sitting in traffic. It's really, really, hard. But I think that would be worse than texting while driving...When I consider these things I have to stop myself and think about how ridiculous it would be if I crashed my car while making a blanket and my Mother had to tell everyone that her daughter died while knitting at the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment