Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Drum roll please!

Introducing the once sad and dying mystery orchid from the home depot clearance shelf....



The weather has been so lovely the past few days, and Brian bought a new truck, so I made him drive me to the nursery so I could buy a bush to replace the one damaged by the heavy snow this past winter. I bought a hydrangea and a foxglove, both are shade lovers and will be planted in the front yard.

I have a plan to tear out the old rotten landscaping lumber in the front yard and replace it with a short stone retaining wall. This will take a few weeks, but my ultimate goal is to have a small curve to the front of it which I will fill with a row of hostas. The problem with hostas and my yard is that we have a bit of a slug problem and there are few things slugs love more than hostas.

But I will not let the pests deter me! I will be armed and ready with my neem oil. If that does not work I will take more drastic measures. By whatever means necessary!
Do you hear that evil mollusks? You will rue the day you slime your way onto my plants.



*shakes fist*

1 comment:

  1. Every yard should have a row of hostas. The slugs SHALL NOT WIN.

    ReplyDelete